Here is my list for July 9-15, 2017. Posting these links does not necessarily constitute an endorsement. On the other hand these are not all the blog post I read but only those I thought worth a continued conversation.
Visit me also at lumpofclay.net.
APOLOGETICS and WITNESS
* Tom Parrish: The Road to Hell Is Paved with Ignorance and Stupidity
* Michael Kruger: Five “Fake News” Stories That People Believe about Early Christianity
* Bob Smietana: Sacred Spaces: How Your Church Building Can Bless Your Community 7 Days a Week
* Michael Goodwin: The 2016 Election and the Demise of Journalistic Standards
* Dennis Prager: The Atlantic Publishes All You Need to Know About the Left
* Samuel James: A Future of Snark, Not Ideas
* Samuel D James: Eugene Peterson’s Theological Sigh
* Owen Strachan: Is Alliance Defending Freedom a “Hate Group”?
* Samuel James: 4 Thoughts on Eugene Peterson’s Retraction
* Michael Brown: Should We Use Eugene Peterson’s The Message?
* Bill Muehlenberg: Peterson and Homosexuality: Just What is the Message?
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
* Andrew Salzone: Decrypting Jefferson
* Rachel del Guidice: The Stalling Technique 2 Democrats Are Using to Block a Conservative Judge
* Dan Mitchell: Government Fraud: A Feature, not a Bug
* Dan Mitchell: Elizabeth Warren other Rich Leftists Talk the Talk, but Don’t Walk the Walk
* David Thornton: Cruz-Lee Provision Is Reportedly In New Health Bill Draft
* Nicholas Davis: 8 Classics Every Christian Should Read
* Anna Mathews/Caroline Probst: The Oddest Fact about Each U.S. President
* Michael Waters: The Great Lengths Taken to Make Abraham Lincoln Look Good in Photos
* Sarah Laskow: Just How Big Is Antarctica’s Newly Broken-Off Iceberg?
* Adrian Luckman: I’ve studied Larsen C and its giant iceberg for years Ð it’s not a simple story of climate change
* Garret Kell: Good Lovemaking Is About God
* Rod Dreher: Parents, Get Your Head Out Of Your Rear Ends
* Melissa Edgington: There is a Better Way to Experience Sexuality, and Christian Parents Need to Be Talking About It
* Denny Burk: Standing against a destructive misogyny threatening our children
* Ken Braddy: Discipling in an Age of Biblical Illiteracy
* Mark Surgurg: A brief history of private confession in the Lutheran Church
SANCTITY OF LIFE
* Ken Ham: Twitter Bans Pro-Life Ads for Being “Offensive”
* Paul Anderson: Who, Me? Deny Myself?
* Lutheran Indian Ministries: Listening to God
* Sam Wellumson: Romans 7:1-13 – A Dead Dog
* Sam Wellumson: Matthew 11:25-30 – Hidden & Revealed
* Kent Sperry: Loving the Hateful
* Terry Cullers: Vacation
* Amy Medina: When Missionaries Think They Know Everything
* Brett Boe/Jason Gudim/Brian Ricke: Being Lutheran Podcast Episode #31 – The Sixth Commandment
WORLD WAR T (fighting transgenderism)
* Trevor Thomas: Leonard Pitts Hits His Limits