I cull the internet so you don’t have to (ha). Here is my reading list for July 15-21, 2018. Posting these links does not necessarily constitute an endorsement. On the other hand these are not all the blog post I read but only those I thought worth a continued conversation.
Originally posted at lumpofclay.net.
APOLOGETICS AND WITNESS
* Eric Davis: Differences Between Salvation in the Qur’an & the Bible
* Karen Swallow Prior: 9 Ways to Make Social Media More Christian
* Denny Burk: Theologian wants to take the Bible out of the hands of Christians
* Eric Davis: The Difference Between the Integrity of the Qur’an & the Bible
* Sean McDowell: The Old Testament Is Embarrassing
* Amanda Prestigiacomo: WATCH: Papa John’s Founder Tells His Side Of The Story: I Was Blackmailed
* David Robertson: The Soft and Hard Intimidation of the Church – A revealing 24 Hours… .
* John Zmirak: Genocide of Christians in Nigeria: An Insider Speaks Out
* Bill Muehlenberg: This Is How Free Speech Is Destroyed
* Brittany Hunter: The Solution to Poverty Is Opportunity, Not Charity
* This Is My Garden: Growing Dahlias – Big Summer Blooms With Gorgeous Color!
GOVERNMENT & POLITICS
* Gene Veith: Political Language
SANCTITY OF LIFE
* Bill Muehlenberg: More Mindless and Heartless Pro-Abortion Rhetoric
* Carole Novielli: Get the facts: Thousands of women weren’t dying from abortion before Roe v. Wade
* Joe A: Gerhard Forde 1972 Where God Meets Man: Notes on Chapter 1
* Brett Boe / Jason Gudim/ Brain Ricke: Being Lutheran Podcast Episode #79 – Ephesians 6:10-18
* Katie Dale: 10 Lies the Church Believes about Mental Illness
* Paul Anderson: “Let Him Who Thinks He Stands…”
* Julie McGowan Boit: G is for… [Happy Birthday]
* Matt Brennan: Crosswalk Conundrum
* Sam Wellumson: Table for 4,000, Please? – Sermon for the Seventh Sunday of Trinity on Mark 8:1-9
* Brett Boe / Jason Gudim / Brian Ricke: Being Lutheran Podcast Episode #80 – The Fourth Petition of the Lord’s Prayer, Part 1
* Brad Hoefs: 30 Things You Can Do When Someone You Love is Clinically Depressed
* Brad Hoefs: Real Hope Has Gotten Me Through My Hopelessness
* Luke Berntson: Words at War
WORLD WAR “T” (the fight against trangenderism)
* Jonathan Van Maren: In their own words – What transgender activists have in store for your children